Sunday, January 26, 2014

Saturday Work

When Matt told me that he wanted my help putting shingles on the roof on Saturday, I definitely thought he was crazy. First of all, it took months for him to let me use any tools, and second, I am probably the most clumsy person there is. Not to mention my fear of heights. So, trying to be brave and helpful, I came up on the roof with Matt to put on shingles on Saturday. It was terrifying. I got to the top of the ladder, not even on the roof yet, and was scared. I kept thinking that I was going to fall off any second. But I survived! And even better, I actually helped. We put shingles on the rest of the south side of the roof, including putting on the vents and shingling around them and the plumbing pipes. Matt had to go down into the house a couple times for materials and tools and I told him that if I had to go down the ladder that I wasn't coming back up, so he was up and down a few times. Including when we were done and wanted to take a picture. My camera was in the car and I didn't want to go down there and get it, so we used Matt's phone to get proof that I actually was on the roof.



The upside of being on the roof was that it was fairly warm up in the sun. It also was a nice view of the crew working on the neighborhood non-profit houses up the street.

No comments: