Matt. He is special. He spent all week telling me not to shoot myself with the nail gun, and then on Saturday, we get halfway through our work and I turn around and he is holding a handful of blood after SHOOTING HIMSELF WITH THE NAIL GUN. I'm not even kidding. He has never done this before, and then it happens after he spent a week telling me not to do the same thing.
He was nailing together the shower wall and the nail hit a knot in the wood and shot out the side, going straight into his hand. The nail went into his hand at an angle, over an inch deep. I wanted to take a picture of him holding the blood in his hand while we drove home to get him cleaned up, but didn't want to make him mad. Later he told me that he wished I would have taken the picture. So we got home, got him all cleaned up, and call the nurses in the family to find out what to do. We decided that he needed to get a tetanus shot and see about stitches. As we are on our way out the door, Matt says, "We have to go back to the house and finish building that wall. I'm not leaving the house until that wall is done." So that's what we did! Like I said, Matt is one crazy man.
After the wall was built, we went to Instacare in Hyde Park and waited FOREVER to get his hand looked at. The nurse who checked him in said she was sad that he had taken the nail out. Maybe not the smartest thing for a nurse to say to someone who is in pain. Anyway, another nurse came in and gave Matt his shot, which he would not let me take a picture of because he is afraid of needles. Seriously. The man whose wife gives herself five shots a month is afraid of needles. Anyway, he did let me take a picture of his very manly Tazmanian Devil bandaid. Does he look tough, or like he is grimacing in pain?
After it was all washed up, the doctor decided against stitches, but did take some xrays to make sure nothing got inside the hole. Everything looked pretty good though.
I am so glad that this was not worse, as it easily could have been. We are very lucky. And here we are, three days later, and Matt is complaining more about pain from his shot than from the nail in his hand. Typical.
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment