Thursday, February 13, 2014

Life

Since Christmas break, I feel like our lives have totally exploded into chaos. The first week in January I started my Reading Endorsement classes. They are every Wednesday night from 4:30-9:00 in Hyrum, and go every week from January 2014 through June 2015 (except this summer). I am still teaching pre-teaching math every morning from 8:00-8:30 and coach jump rope club after school Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, until 5:00. I was put as head of a new committee at school and we have had several meetings this month, not to mention the other committee that is starting to have meetings. I have also had A LOT of meetings about one of my students. I also just got a level 2 student from Utah State and will be getting a level 3 student from Utah State in my classroom. Oh and don't forget that I still work all day.

And that is just my schedule. Matt is working like crazy, and when he doesn't have work with Todd, he is working on our house. Every night after both our jobs are over, we go over to the house and work as long as we can. Sometimes we work until we run out of materials, sometimes we work until we have no body heat left, and sometimes we work until we can't stand any longer. Needless to say, everything else in our lives has pretty much gone to waste...

This is our "junk drawer". Everyone has one. Yes, you do. Ours is a table. All the books I'm reading, projects I'm in the middle of, cereal Matt can't put away, house plans, invoices, drinks, etc., etc., etc. I'm sure Randy's head will explode one of these days having such a mess in his house, being the neat freak that he is, but he has been more patient than I can imagine. Sometimes even Harrison wants to clean up after us. I look forward to having a lot of places to put all this stuff when the house is finished!

Again, another one of the things that we don't really have space for. The drinks have a nice little home on the floor next to the garbage can.

Matt and I recently were called to teach the CTR 4 class in primary at church. We have had many adventures in just the first six weeks of this calling, and Sunday has really become an interesting day for us. I will have to blog about some of our funnier moments later. But the picture below is our church bag. We have all the important stuff: the manual, iPad with music and other stuff we need on it, whatever materials we need for our lesson, and of course, Matt's treats that he so willingly shares with the kids in our class. We started with the giant bag of Skittles, but Matt had to have some variety so he bought the gummy worms/gummy bears to have too. We had to designate these treats as "Sunday Treats" so that Matt wouldn't eat them all during the week. I love being around such a grown up all the time.

Speaking of grown ups, apparently Matt gets thirsty while he is IN THE SHOWER. I have never been so thirsty while in the shower that I couldn't wait until I got out to get a drink.

I hope you enjoyed the little snapshots into our lives. We are so crazy right now, and I am so happy we are building a house and so happy Randy and Jenny are letting us live with them, but I really am excited for things to calm down.

No comments: