We are getting to the point where there is a lot of little things that we need to do in the house, and now that it has walls and a roof, we are actually able to come over after work and do those projects. It has been really hard because there are a lot of things going on during the week that we miss out on, like Matt hasn't really been able to help with Brad's basketball team. But we are very lucky to be able to build a house and know that when it is finished we will have time to do those things again.
This week, Matt needed my help putting in windows. We had to wait until we had some kind of porch so that we could reach the front window, so as soon as the metal was down, we were able to put them in. The windows on the front of the house have the spacers in them, as well as the front door. This is the most up-to-date picture of the front of the house.
The black stuff around the front window on the porch is an ice/water shield to keep the windows from letting water in. When I took these pictures we had only done this window and the window in the garage, but now all the windows are done.
The porch was poured on Friday. The tiny corner you can see in this picture is all I have seen besides pictures on Matt's phone. The blankets on it are helping the concrete to cure and there is a propane heater underneath that is also helping.
Matt took these pictures with his phone on the day the porch was poured. I guess the design in the concrete is a pretty big deal. I think it looks good in the pictures, but I guess in person it is awesome. I can't wait for the blankets to come off so I can see it for myself.
We put in the front door on Thursday night, and had to wrap the bottom half so the concrete wouldn't get on it when they poured the porch. Matt also finished sheeting the garage and porch walls so now we are ready for a sheeting inspection.
All the windows and doors! Matt and Todd worked on putting shingles on the roof on Friday while I was at work and they almost finished the back of the house.
West bedroom from the inside
East bedroom from the inside
Front door from the inside
Living room windows from the inside. Matt had a hard time putting these windows in because they are so big. They are 5' by 5' windows and weigh a ton. There was pretty much nothing I could do to help until he had already put it in place, then I would hold it and make sure it didn't fall out. It didn't help that one of these windows is right over the window well for the basement window and Matt had to position his ladder very carefully when we placed that one.
Master bedroom windows from the inside. We will probably put our bed below the picture window (the long, skinny one).
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment