2 years ago
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Thanks to a holiday, Matt and I had an extra day to get caught up on house stuff that we would have done had we not spent the afternoon at Instacare on Saturday. After a whole day of work, these are the things we got finished:
1. This was technically done a couple weeks ago, but I hadn't taken any pictures. Matt put the ice/water shield and tar paper on the roof. After his scary moment of almost falling off the roof and dying, Matt was not able to finish getting the roof ready for shingles. Hopefully this weekend we will have some nice weather and Matt can finish the roof.
2. Materials for the porch were delivered. We need the concrete to be poured on the porch so we can finish sheeting the garage wall and then get a sheeting inspection.
3. Exterior doors were delivered! We ran out of time to set the doors, but that will get done this week.
4. I made Matt build me a step to get into the house. It is not permanent, but now I can actually get into the house without ripping my jeans.
5. The plumber finished all the rough plumbing! Here is the connection for the washing machine in the mudroom:
Here is the connection for the refrigerator (bottom left) and kitchen sink (under the window).
6. Matt and I finished all the vault framing. This was more time intensive than I expected. Matt spent most of the day up in the trusses measuring while I used the saw to cut boards. The vault framing is where the sheet rock will get put for the vaulted ceiling and walls. This was another one of those things I did not understand until I saw it happen. Here is the vault framing over the kitchen:
Vault framing in the entry:
Vault framing in the family room:
7. My tubs were delivered and installed! Yay! Here is the plumbing in the guest/kids bathroom. Matt will tile the shower, so there is just a standard tub.
Master bathroom... toilet will be on the far left, corner vanity with two sinks where the hoses are coming out of the floor:
Master bathroom... Extra deep/wide soaker tub and separate shower.
Basement plumbing: This is where the water heater will be:
The white pipe is the connection to the water outside and the hoses are run from the water heater to the rest of the house:
Finally, you can see the plumber's pipes coming through the roof and also where the wind blew the ice/water shield and tar paper off the roof.
Monday was a crazy busy day, but we got a lot done and it was great to see things start coming together! Next up (in any order): Porch cap gets poured, start running electrical, set doors, finish sheeting and get inspection, HVAC get set up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment