Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I go to work, Matt works on the house

So today, while I head off to work for a normal day, Matt gets to go work on the house. Some days I wonder if this would be better than doing my regular job. It is nice not to have to be in control and make all the decisions, and nice to just follow directions. It is REALLY nice to see all the work come together into something that is actually for me. My job does not directly benefit me, mostly the benefits are for my students, as they should be, so it is fun to do something that is just for me and Matt.

While Matt was working today, the concrete guys came over and got the porch ready for concrete... (hopefully tomorrow!)

Matt set most of the exterior doors. Here is the door from the garage to the outside. The style of this door matches the style of the front door. Both are visible from the street so they match each other, but are different from the interior doors and back door.

The door from the garage into the mudroom (all the interior doors will look like this):

Back door. We wanted to have a door that would provide light and sight from the backyard, but didn't want a sliding glass door, and couldn't afford (or find space for) French doors. Maybe in the next house. I am very happy with the style.

Baby steps... baby steps...

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Exterior doors are a big deal! It's looking lovely.

Hightower said...

It's coming along so well! This is so exciting. I am loving all these updates :)