New Year's Day was the last day I had for Christmas break, so it was my last day helping Matt on the house. It was just the two of us, and we framed all the interior walls of the house! I was so proud that I was able to help. I spent the first hour of the day getting all the 2x4s we would need into the house while Matt measured everything to make sure it would all fit together perfectly. Then, I laid out all the walls and Matt nailed them together. The best part was standing them all together and literally being able to see each room come into existence. It was amazing.
I didn't take any pictures because we worked until it was way dark, so I came by after work on Thursday and took pictures. Todd and Matt spent the day putting on top plate on all the interior walls and finished putting plywood in the garage and the exterior walls and laid out all the trusses so they would be ready for the crane on Friday.
This will be the pantry- it is six feet long and two feet deep. With the layout we wanted, we couldn't find a way to get the pantry in the kitchen, so it is just off the dining room, next to the kitchen.
Kitchen and dining room. You can see that the plywood is all finished, no more holes in the walls except ones that are supposed to be there!
This is the entry. There is a small coat closet on the left.
Master bedroom. Love that I'm getting blinded by the setting sun in my little window. We are planning on putting our bed just below the high, skinny window.
View from the master bedroom into the master bathroom. The master closet is just past the bathroom. We are not putting a door on the closet because you have to walk through the bathroom to get to the closet.
Main bathroom for the two bedrooms.
Hallway to the bedrooms. I didn't think I'd like this hallway, but it turned out better than I thought it would.
West bedroom with the bigger closet. AKA Tori's library/craft room.
East bedroom with the smaller closet. AKA Matt's hunting/work clothes room.
All the trusses laid out, ready to get put up.
Living room. Todd on the phone. Slacker.
Mudroom/laundry room! I am going to love this room, but Matt will hate it because I'm making him build in some custom lockers and a bench. It's going to be awesome!
Plywood on the garage. We will have a 9 foot garage door so Matt will be able to drive a boat in with the tower, or put a four-wheeler in his truck and put the truck in the garage. Little luxuries that we can afford.
More trusses all laid out. They put the plywood on them so they didn't have to do it on a ladder. Smart boys.
Front view! So fun seeing what it really will look like!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment