Thursday, December 5, 2013

Don't Try To Eat My Doughnut, Even If You're Two

We have now been living with Randy, Jenny, and the kids for over 10 weeks and it is starting to feel pretty normal. Even hearing Harrison crying in the middle of the night or early morning, having Claire salivating over every unhealthy meal Matt and I make, and reading with Brad, have all become a fairly normal part of my day. But my favorite story of late is about Harrison.

I have been on a real doughnut kick lately. I stop at the Sinclair on my way home from work a couple times a week to get a doughnut. It is a problem, but I like it. Last week, Matt brought me home a doughnut and set it on the table. Harrison saw it and Matt gave him a bite. When I got home from work, I started eating my doughnut and instantly had Harrison next to me saying, "bite, bite, bite." He hadn't eaten dinner yet (and, let's be honest, I didn't want to share), so I said no. Instantly Harrison is in my face screaming, "mine! mine! mine!" Normally I have no issues sharing treats, food, drinks, etc. However, when it came to my delicious doughnut, I did not act like the adult that I am. I was telling Harrison that it wasn't his, it was MINE! Not my finest moment. He was quite mad at me and Matt is still making fun of me. But even Matt knows not to get in the way of a woman and her doughnut. Not if you don't want any bruises.

Harrison playing with the bucket. Who needs the toys?

*Funny side story about this bucket. I was "watching" the babies, AKA keeping the babies away from the women cooking, when Harrison put the bucket on his head. Reagan saw him and put it on her head and started walking behind the couches. She bumped into the recliner and started giggling. She kept bumping her way past the recliner, giggling the whole time, until she finally got past the recliner then swiftly ran into the wall. She fell over laughing hysterically. I was laughing too hard to get my camera out fast enough and by the time I had it out, she found a fun place to leave her bucket and had moved on to another game. Moments like these remind me how much I love being an aunt!

No comments: