The day before Thanksgiving, Matt and I both had the day off work. But instead of enjoying a nice break, or getting ready for Thanksgiving, or even seeing any family, we got to tar our foundation walls. Don't be jealous! We got out to the lot at 8:30 AM and had to snap lines, break the metal foundation ties, and sweep the footings before we could even start rolling tar. In case you are interested, rolling tar is exactly like painting, except if you splatter your face, you have to scratch it off because it doesn't wash off (trust me... I know). The tar helps to seal your foundation from water, so when people have leaks in their foundation, it's because their tar job wasn't so good. So you have to roll tar to cover any place where you will have dirt filled in around your foundation. Needless to say, Matt wanted it done perfectly, so I had to go around and fix all the spots that weren't completely coated. I could barely hold anything after four hours of rolling tar! We also dug out where the footings for the bearing walls will be and put in window wells.
View of the garage and where the porch will be:
View of the inside of the garage:
View of the east side of the house (side of the garage):
View of the back of the house:
Back of the house (from the west):
West side of the house:
Front bedroom and where the porch will be:
Matt was mad that I made him take a picture, but it was the first thing I got to help with and I wanted to document!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment