Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cassie Opens her Mission Call!

I definitely have the most brave sister in the whole world! For the past couple months, I have been helping Cassie put together her mission papers! I could never have done this myself when I was her age! It has been so fun to help her with this, and I am so happy that she trusted me enough to let me help her! Well she got the papers all signed and submitted the first week of December and was ready on Wednesday this week for her call to come! And it didn't. She was so disappointed. Luckily, my dad has some sweet skills and was able to track down her call and have it picked up in St. George and delivered to her in Salt Lake! Matt and I drove down right after Matt got off work on Friday to be there when she opened her call.

She was so excited for everyone to come! She was standing at the door looking out the peephole to see if people were coming!

Before she opened her call! She was soooo excited. She was running around, and jumping up and down and there was definitely a lot of screaming!

It was so fun to hear the excitement and emotion in her voice as she read her mission call aloud:


After! She was called to serve in Fresno, California, and is going into the MTC in Provo on February 26! YAY! YAY! YAY!

This was a special occasion that I never thought would happen in my family! Being from a family of all daughters, we never really thought much about having one of us serve a mission. Matt, being from a family of all sons, has experienced this several times. I am so proud of Cassie and so excited for her to go on a mission! She will be a fantastic missionary! Love you Boog!

No comments: