Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Recap

2013 Recap

What did you do in 2013 that you have never done before?
  • We started building a house and all the stuff that goes with it, like buying property!
  • We moved in with Randy and Jenny and the kids- living with kids was new for us
  • We bought a new tent- our old tent was a hand-me-down that has slowly died
  • Went on a friends camping trip
  • My baby sister Cassie graduated from high school, I moved her to college at Dixie State University, and was there when she got her mission call!
  • Went to a REAL Salt Lake soccer game
  • Brought a class back to school early from a field trip
Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for 2014?
I don't think I made any new year's resolutions this year, but I already have a few on my phone for 2014. Most of my resolutions are projects to work on, and usually take multiple years, but it's good to get started right?
  • Scan my mom's old scrapbooks and create a massive digital scrapbook that combines all these books into one. Possibly add my own personal scrapbook pages (see below).
  • Remake our home video DVDs and possibly include a slideshow of pictures from those I scan
  • Finish my digital scrapbook pages for pictures from high school and college. Start family scrapbook pages post-marriage.
  • Put Matt's mission pictures onto my computer and make a digital scrapbook of these pictures.
  • Print my blog book for the past three years (oops.)
What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A finished house! I will kill Matt if it isn't done by the end of the year. Also maybe a better reputation at school (not all the kids need to think I'm mean!).

What was your biggest struggle this year?
My new class that I got in the fall. This class had a VERY hard time transitioning into fourth grade and I had a hard day EVERY day for a long time. I'm glad those days are mostly over.

What was your biggest achievement this year?
Starting our house. It was so amazing to sign the paperwork and hand over our down payment to start building. It is really our first "grown-up" thing we've done in our lives (besides getting married).

What was the best thing you bought this year?
Our house! Duh! I think our tent is a close second though. Camping is totally different with our new awesome tent! Renewing our USU football tickets was awesome. Definitely a tradition for a lot of years to come.

Where did most of your money go?
We had to put a lot of money into our down payment on our house, so that was probably the biggest payment we made at once, however we also paid off my car and my student loan this year! We will be debt-free for a couple months until we close on our house!

What did you get really excited about this year?
I always get pretty excited about starting a new school year. I had a lot of fun ideas and I've loved implementing them. It was also fun to go camping in our new tent! I think we ended up camping like ten different times this summer in our new tent. And of course, very excited about every little step of building the house.
 
What songs will remind you of 2013?
"Roar" by Katy Perry
"Applause" by Lady Gaga
"Trouble" by Taylor Swift
"Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke

What was the best movie you saw this year?Probably "Catching Fire". There were a lot of big sequels this year but I think that was the best one. "Frozen" was pretty cute too.

What did you do for your birthday and how old did you turn?
I turned 26, and had a pretty normal day. Actually Matt was out of town so I really had a normal day. Jenny brought me a slurpee and a doughnut at work, and I went to Brad's basketball game after work. Matt turned 28 and I can't even remember what we did or what I bought him! Birthdays are kind of lame when you want big presents!
How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year?
I was finally introduced to the skinny jean this year and am loving it. I love the long blouses and sweaters and boots! Definitely fall is the best season! Still sporting the cowboy boots on a regular basis though.

No comments: