Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Weekend in Salt Lake

Last weekend, I got to go down to Salt Lake. At first I was pretty bummed that I couldn't go to the Utah State vs. Boise State game, but after our sad loss to BYU, football has been a little sad, and a weekend with the girls was much better than any football game!

In the morning I went to a baby shower for my friend Alexandra, who I played volleyball with all through high school. It was kind of a crazy set of coincidences that led to my invitation, but I was glad to go and catch up with all these people who I haven't kept in contact with since high school. Alex lives in Logan, so I gave her a pedicure so when she gets close to her due date, we can go spoil ourselves! So happy for her!

After the shower, I met up with Kendra, and Kailee, to go out to lunch. I didn't realize how much I've missed Kendra. It was so good to get together and talk. I can't believe how fast Kailee is growing. I love them both so much and hope they can move up to Logan soon so we can play more!

That night, I met Jenny (Fischer) and Jenni (Shields) and Kamie for dinner at Red Robin. Girl's nights are the best! We need to get Jenni into Richmond so Nate can babysit more often while the girls go out. After dinner, Jenny, Jenni and I went to Thriller! Definitely my favorite fall tradition of all! I'm so glad I keep conning people into going with me. I would totally go alone, but it's way more fun with friends.


 After the show, we waited for Melissa to come out. She has been dancing for Odyssey for 8 years, the same number of years I have been going to Thriller. She is moving soon and won't be with Odyssey anymore, so it was good to talk to her about the show and get the inside scoop on everything. I will miss watching her dance!

I spent the night at my mom's house, and on Sunday we had a girl's day! My mom, Alex and I went shopping. I have been looking for new "stylish" clothes forever, and finally had a good day of shopping (I pretty much HATE shopping and usually am very grumpy by the end of the day). It helps that my birthday is coming up, so I got presents! Haha. What a great weekend. I almost didn't want to go home.

No comments: