I am a little late in posting, but as of three weeks ago, Matt and I are currently the new tenants in Hotel Randy and Jenny. They have so graciously opened up their home to us while we build our house. We moved 90% of our stuff into storage in Todd and Melissa's basement (lifesavers!) and the rest is squished into our borrowed bedroom!
Pretty amazing that we fit our queen mattress, two plastic sets of drawers, a makeshift dresser and tv in our little room. It's a tight fit, but everything we need is there!
I had to pack about half of my clothes (and shoes) because there isn't enough room for it all. So, this is it!
A couple days after moving in, I had a little meltdown about fitting all our stuff in the closet. Matt gets the good husband award for this. He bought a shower-curtain rod and moved all his clothes out of the closet and into his new "walk-in closet." I now have the entire closet, while Matt has to go into another room to get his clothes. Definitely good husband award.
We have loved living here so far. It is definitely an adjustment! Matt and I are not used to hearing kids up and very awake early in the morning, or coming home from work to a busy house. Some fun moments so far:
1. I'm using the kids' bathroom until the basement bathroom gets finished. One morning, Claire comes in while I'm getting ready with a picture she drew for me. She's trying to get me to look at her picture, and find all the hidden letter "e"s in the picture while I'm frantically trying to get out the door for work! It was so cute, and I felt so bad telling her that I would look at it after work!
2. I walk into the bathroom to start getting ready in the morning and Claire is sitting on the toilet (lid closed) and reading a book to one of her stuffed animals.
3. At church, Claire told Matt that she was going to try to stop punching her uncles in the stomach. He asked why and she said that she wanted Matt to keep wanting to live with her. Seriously, she's the best.
4. Harrison has learned to say "Tor Tor." It is so cute. I love coming home from work and chilling with this guy. One night we were watching tv and he kept climbing into my lap, snuggling for a minute, giving me a kiss, then leaving to go play. It was so cute. Another night, Matt and I had Harrison in our room while Jenny and Randy got Brad and Claire in bed. He was so funny! He kept snuggling under the covers, and making sure that I was under the covers too. We turned on a movie and he was laughing so hard!
5. Matt and I aren't exactly the healthiest eaters. Claire will usually catch us while we are eating something bad, like mac-n-cheese, and just watch us eat. She'll make comments like, "I really love mac-n-cheese but my mom never lets me eat it." Ha! I tell her what an awesome mom she has that always makes sure she eats healthy! One night while she was eating dinner, she turned to Jenny and said, "Tori would never eat this." She totally knows me! Hopefully some time at Jenny's will fix my aversion to food...
Keep the good times coming! More fun kid stories to come, I'm sure!
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment