Friday, December 28, 2012

Jordan's Wedding

On December 17, my step-brother Jordan was married in the Salt Lake temple. Matt and I were so lucky to be there to celebrate with them. Now, I don't mean to throw anybody under the bus here, but I have to share some memories of the day. Matt and I were the first people in the waiting room in the temple, but slowly Jordan and Melanie's families started arriving. We were a little concerned when only one of  Jordan's brothers was there with us, and we were also missing Jordan's mom. My dad told us that she was on her way. We get walked to the sealing room, still no brothers or mother. We sat in the sealing room for what felt like forever, and finally Jordan's brothers made it. Still no mom. Waited. And waited. I thought for sure she would miss her youngest son getting married! But, just as they were ready to start, Laurie ran in and was able to be there for her son's wedding!

What a day to choose to get married. While we were waiting for Jordan and Mel, Matt and I walked around temple square and froze to death! It was sooo cold! They finally came out, we did some pictures, and then Matt and I bailed. We had to find the perfect gift for Jordan (Matt's idea) and make it to the luncheon to help set up in less than two hours. We were literally RUNNING errands. In the freezing cold wind. Matt and I were the first ones to get to the luncheon to help set up and nothing was ready. Guests would be arriving in 30 minutes and nothing was set up. We were putting tablecloths and dishes on the tables, meanwhile there is no food except the desserts Matt and I were assigned to pick up. Laurie arrives with the food at the same time that the guests start arriving, so Brooke and I start frantically putting salads together. When all the food was finally ready, we were 30 minutes late in starting. The food was worth the wait though, maybe not the hassle! We had a nice lunch, and it was fun hearing from all the friends and family. Then the crazy cleanup begins. We are being pushed out of the room for the next event. Crazy.



Matt and I rush over to change clothes for the reception and then head to Provo with a quick stop at Cabelas. It was 5:00 and the reception wasn't until 6:30. We get a call that we have to be there for pictures at 5:30. No way was that happening. So we pick up Alex and hurry to the reception around 6:00. My dad is mad that we are "late" but we weren't even the last family members there. They actually took the "family" pictures without everyone in the family there! Guests started showing up way early because the weather was awful and we spent the next few hours at the reception. The reception was beautiful and Jordan and Melanie were very happy. They had a receiving line that went on forever, but finally they got to leave, and so did the rest of us! By that time it was a crazy blizzard outside and I was so nervous about everyone driving home. What a crazy (and long) day.




This is how Matt gets out of dancing at weddings- he grabs the nearest baby. What a slacker!

Avery is so cute! Even with her finger so far up her nose!

From left: Cassie, Alex, Matt, me, Ashley, Kelly, Trevor (in front of Kelly), Chris holding Sadie, Melanie, Jordan, Rylie (in front of Jordan), Laurie, dad, Ryan holding Kevin, Kylee (in front of Ryan), Stacey, Chason holding Avery, Brooke, Chelsie

No comments: