Late on Christmas eve we went to my mom's house to sleep over. Little did we know that Jeff had other plans for us. They bought a new TV for Christmas and needed Matt to help move the old TV, and old, HEAVY, TV by the way, and the furniture to fit the new TV. My mom and Jeff were so excited. We spent the night and were woken too early by an excited mom who wanted to open presents. It's supposed to be the kids who wake up the parents right? We spent a nice relaxing morning with my family and then headed over to my dad's house for more presents and family. After lunch we headed back to my mom's for some well-needed naps and dinner with the extended family, followed by more games. Matt and I had so much fun, but were definitely ready for our own bed and relaxation!
On Friday I headed back to Salt Lake for dinner with some friends from high school, which is always so much fun. I slept over at my mom's and on Saturday had lunch with another friend. I'm glad the holidays give me a chance to catch up with people I don't get to see very often. I came back home on Saturday night and Matt and I had no plans for New Year's. I forget that living near Randy and Jenny usually means that we have some kind of plans. We spent New Year's Eve at a party with some of Randy and Jenny's friends who we have gotten to know and the boys lit the rest of the summer fireworks. I have to admit that I was a little nervous after the fireworks disaster in July. But things went off without a hitch (definitely too cold for fireworks in December) and we spent the rest of the night with the kids in bed and the adults playing games.
So I hope you all had a very merry Christmas and a happy new year! We are so excited for 2013 and more fun to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment