Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas in the New Place

We absolutely love where we live. So when it came time to decorate for Christmas, both Matt and I were pretty excited. Matt had grand plans to put lights up on the roof of our townhome, but that never happened, so we put lights on our bush outside, up the post on our porch, and in the two windows. Matt and I have been fighting about Christmas lights and we finally came to a compromise: He gets colored lights outside and I get to decorate the inside of the house however I want, including the tree. He wasn't happy about it, but it was the best way to solve the problem!

I love decorating my tree every year. This year Jenny and I took the kids out to buy Christmas trees. We didn't have the energy or time to go out and cut one down. Maybe next year. I think Jenny was a little shocked at how much I spent on our tree- I definitely buy the tree I want! This year I also bought the beautiful Christmas painting on the wall next to the tree. It is a picture of Santa holding the Baby Jesus figure from the nativity. I don't have a nativity, and I thought it was a good substitute.



Matt made me a beautiful crown molding shelf and I just got it painted. But, because we haven't put it up yet (still fighting about where it should go), the stockings had to go on the railing. I hope Santa will find them!


Every year I use the leftover decorations and ornaments to put my wreath together. I love having a festive wreath on our little street. I am surprised at how few people decorate their door or houses for  Christmas!



No comments: