Thursday, December 27, 2012

Going Bowling!

This year, much to our pleasure, the Aggie football team got to go to the Idaho Potato Bowl again, which meant that we got to go again! Matt and I have loved having season football tickets and look forward to a long tradition of going to games at Utah State. Matt said that we'd follow the Aggies wherever they went bowling, and it happened to be in Boise again this year.

Bowling with Randy was an adventure. He has so much energy (I have no idea where his son Bradley gets it)! The whole ride to Boise he was on his phone, looking up restaurants that were nearby, or showing us videos on the internet or just jabbering away. He found us a fun burger place to eat before the game, Big Jud's, which was way good. We had to wait in a 45 minute line to get in to this tiny little burger joint, but it was worth it. The boys were too chicken to try a one-pound patty on their burger though!

We had better seats this year, and it was definitely worth the extra money. We sat just in front of a group of old people all dressed up. One of them was Santa and the rest were reindeer, and his wife was Mrs. Clause. We had a blast chatting with this group throughout the game. I hope that when we're old that we still do fun things like this!



Before the game started, I was worried that we had overdressed. Last year we froze our butts off and so this year I dressed in millions of layers!



I had to take off several layers before the game started and through the first half. But, as you can see in the next picture, they all were on my body by the end of the game! It was cold when the wind started blowing and the sun went down! I am wearing jeans, wool socks, snow boots, coveralls, long-sleeve shirt, two sweatshirts, a ski coat, two layers of gloves, a scarf and a headband!



And much to my additional pleasure, the Aggies took home the win this year! And while we are so sad to lose Gary Andersen, Matt and I still love Aggie football and look forward to more Utah State games!

No comments: