Monday, October 22, 2012

UEA Break

UEA break couldn't come at a better time. October is the busiest month for me, from hunting, conference, parent-teacher conferences, birthdays, Halloween, and all the fun Halloween stuff to do, I just need two extra days off to fit it in! Needless to say, I didn't go to the UEA conference like I should have...

We spent Thursday in Salt Lake, running errands and spending time with Matt's family. That night, we had Tim and Reagan over, along with Randy, Jenny and all the kids. It is so fun to see Reagan and Harrison around each other, because they are so close in age, but sooooo different in personality!

Video: Playing with Reagan

Video: Playing with Harrison

Bradley bought these glasses with his money at WalMart and the babies were not into it at all...


Playing with the settings on my camera to capture the cute pumpkin outfit!

After messing around for a while, we ditched (I mean we left) the kids with Diet and Myrna and went bowling. This is a lot of crazy fun, although the people near us probably did not think we were fun at all!

Who knew Tim had such sweet bowling moves?

On Friday I was kidnapped by my mom and Alex and we spent the day shopping. As much as I hate shopping, it is definitely fun to challenge my very fashionable mom and sisters to find me something that I like. I am very picky. They were not pleased to see the cowboy boots and Wranglers that Matt got me for my birthday. We had a great time though, in between shopping, going to lunch and messing around!

After shopping I met up with my friends from Copperview Elementary at Gardner Village to see the witches! Jaime and Rachel both were able to come, and it was so fun to catch up. We all teach at different schools now and it is fun to compare how things are going in our different schools and districts. Plus, Jaime just had a darling baby girl and it was so fun to see the baby for the first time! I definitely miss these girls and need to see them more often. That is one of the worst things about moving to Logan, that I really miss the people I have worked with at other schools. I wish I could create a super school with all the people who I love and who are awesome teachers!


After going to Gardner Village, Matt and I met up with Tim and Kamie and went to the Haunted Village at This is the Place. This is our third year going to the Haunted Village and we almost didn't go back after last year's experience. I am glad we went. This is one of the most unique haunted experiences I've ever had, and I love walking around the village at night, being outside and going through the old pioneer buildings, and being scared by someone hiding in a bush. I'm not one for blood and gore, and this is the perfect Halloween creepy place to go! This year Tim and Kamie were a blast. At the very end, Kamie scared one of the employees when she screamed in the employee's face!


After a very busy two days in Salt Lake, we headed back to Logan for the USU football game against New Mexico State (which we won), and our friends Dustin and Emily Wallis came up for the game. We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, which was well-needed!

No comments: