Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fixing the Dryer

Matt is amazing. Yesterday our dryer started dying. It would run, but there wasn't any heat so nothing was getting dry. I am basically wearing my old lady underwear because I waited until the last possible moment to do laundry, which means the dryer not working is a huge problem. We decide that we should probably look for a new dryer, because Matt thinks it will be very expensive to fix.

Today I ask someone at work how to fix the dryer. I get an idea of what we can check, but I also make plans with my dad to use a dryer that he has just in case we can't fix it. When I get home, my amazing husband is buried behind the dryer that he has taken apart and is checking to find out what is broken. He has been watching YouTube videos and reading articles and talking to parts stores for hours at this point. After checking every possible part, he finally finds a part that isn't working and calls the store to see if they have a replacement. They do! But... They close in fifteen minutes. So Matt books it to the store to buy the part, and comes home and fixes my dryer.

I am incredibly proud of Matt for figuring out how to fix the dryer and saving us a bunch of money. He told me later that he was proud of himself for finding out what was wrong and getting it fixed himself. And this is how a crappy situation becomes a great day.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Love all the updates.

What a good husband!!! I love youtube.

Thriller was so fun this year...thanks for getting the tickets.

Cassie should go to USU!!!

Abbie & Rory said...

Hey my phone had a major meltdown the other night and all my texts and numbers got deleted. I tried to add you to my blog but I'm not sure if I got your email right. Let me know if it worked!!