Seriously this winter was so cold that I did not want to go outside. Ever. This is a problem when you have a dog who needs to go outside but also have a baby who you don't want to freeze. So we figure out random things to do inside. (I apologize if I've already posted some of these pictures- I'm working on a new system for uploading pictures and some have doubled up by accident!)
Ben has the craziest morning hair. Some days I try to tame it before taking him to Heather, but other days we just let it fly!
Whenever I need to get ready, Ben gets a pile of toys in the closet. It keeps him happy and gives me time to shower and do my hair. Win-win.
Playing with the dog is part of our daily ritual. Sometimes it's more "STAY AWAY FROM ME" and other days it's "Ollie, you are such a good puppy!" but we still manage to get some puppy time every day.
Matt and I have been giving Ben more and more different foods. The food I feed Ben are usually real food, and Matt's "food" is usually some type of treat. So far he likes Starburst, jelly beans, and Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs!
It is sooooo rare to get Ben to take a nap, or rest at all, with me. However, he's had a super sick winter and I've soaked up all the sick baby snuggles I can get. This one is from a day I had to stay home from work (sub plans look crazy when you write them at 4:00 in the morning) to take care of my baby. He wouldn't sleep anywhere but on me, and I was loving it. I'm not sure if this is just a bad winter for sickness or if I'm bringing home all my school germs and Ben is getting them, or what, but he's had a rough few months. We need spring to come and clear the air!
Playing dress up with Ben's clothes before he grows out of them is a weekend hobby of mine. I try to get him in everything, but sometimes there are clothes I end up putting in storage that still have tags on them. He is growing like a weed! This shirt is size 12 months and was given to him by his grandma Pam. When I got it, I thought, "This is huge!" and now it is almost too small!
More dress ups, this time with daddy's hat! I love this picture because it kind of looks like he is taking his first selfie. (Not actually true, but it looks like it!)
Ben is always busy eating everything he can get his hands on! This probably accounts for his teething, which has been crazy. Just before he turned 8 months Ben got in his top two teeth, making for a total of four! The top teeth were AWFUL. I hope the rest are easier!
Playing with Ben's toys is another nightly ritual. One night, Matt asked me to bring him Ben's dinosaur. I said, "Ben doesn't have a dinosaur," and then Matt shows me this toy. I said, "It's not a dinosaur, it's a dog!" and Matt said, "What dog is green and colorful?" and I said, "What dinosaur is green and colorful?" New parent fail goes to Matt on that one.
One day, Ben comes home from Heather's house with mittens on his feet. She said he ran out of clean socks and that was all she had! He didn't seem to mind!
The first time that Ben actually paid some attention to a movie was when I put on "Finding Nemo" while I was cleaning. I think he only watched for a few minutes, but it was so weird for him to watch anything other than basketball!
I LOVE Tupperware lids. They have kept Ben entertained while I make dinner, while I get ready to go to work, while I eat dinner, etc. For some reason they are super fun. I pick them up off the floor like a hundred times an hour, but it's worth it to actually accomplish something in the kitchen.
Ollie is a naughty puppy. She has extended her range in the house to include basically every room. This was not allowed with Charlie, but for some reason Ollie has her own set of rules. Whenever she's in our room (usually this only happens when both Matt and I are in the bathroom getting ready), she knows she's not supposed to be in there so she "hides" under the bed. I ALMOST didn't see her.
2 years ago














No comments:
Post a Comment