Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Florida- Hollywood Studios

Matt and I haven't been on a vacation (besides camping) forever. I haven't been on an airplane since before we got married. It's been FOREVER. After Matt finished building his parents' house, we were both ready for a break. My mom helped us get some JetBlue flights, we called Aunt Dianna and asked if we could stay in a spare bedroom, found a babysitter for Ben and took off! It was one of the most sporadic trips ever, but worked out great!

We left on the red-eye flight and got in to Florida early the next morning. Matt and I got our rental car and (after some adventures with tolls) got breakfast and hit WalMart for some snacks for the week. Then we went straight to Hollywood Studios! This is one of my favorite parks. I love the shows and the more relaxed atmosphere where you aren't always running to get in line for a ride. Matt and I had some struggles figuring out the new fast pass system, but we were still able to get on all our favorite rides! Of course we did The Tower of Terror a few times! It was always fun to watch other people on the ride, especially if they hadn't done it before!

One of the big surprises of the day was Matt's nausea on Star Tours. I loved it, and all the new Star Wars stuff they had everywhere! It was difficult not to buy a bunch of stuff "for Ben".

We went to almost every show and on almost every ride in the park and got on The Tower of Terror just before the park closed! That's a fun one to do during the day and at night!

We left just after the park closed for the night and drove out to Aunt Dianna's house in Viera, which is about an hour away. We had basically only slept for like five hours in two days and were DEAD. I had to document how great we looked before we went to bed that night!

No comments: