Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Times... so far!

The past few weeks of summer have been amazing! Everyone is always jealous that I don't have to work at all in the summer, and I have to admit, it is so fun! Every week, Jenny and I take the kids to a park somewhere in the valley. A whole bunch of other moms show up and we have lunch and let the kids go crazy! I can't believe how cool the parks are! So far this summer we have been to Mack Park in Smithfield, which was so fun, and to the park next to the zoo! Yes, we have a zoo in Logan. It was so fun to walk around with the kids. I was laughing because pretty much every animal in the zoo was something that Matt has killed, or would like to kill- elk, deer, ducks, geese, coyotes, even turkeys! Harrison learned how to communicate with the peacock and was screaming at it! It was hilarious.

This week, Randy and Jenny went on trek and Matt and I got to babysit for a few hours. I filled up the pool in the backyard and we played outside. Matt made up a fun water game for the kids to play, and couldn't resist getting in a few splashes himself. When Harrison woke up from his nap, he had a fun time playing in the water, as long as it wasn't being splashed on his face!



The kids all taking a break from the cold hose water...

Matt poked holes in the bottom of the cups for a game for Brad and Claire, and Harrison figured out that he could water the sidewalk with it! It kept him entertained for so long! I swear I'm never paying for toys for my kids! Cups are just as fun!

After swimming, we took the kids out to Tim and Kamie's, where they were going to stay for a couple days. Matt and Brad helped uncle Tim pick up bales of hay from the field, and eventually Harrison, Claire, and I were out driving the truck to help out too! Matt came home with scratches up and down his arms from picking up hay because he didn't wear his farming clothes! Seriously, living out there would be every kid's dream! I can't wait for my kids to get to play out there one day!

No comments: