Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Matt's Birthday Present

Last year, I totally forgot about Matt's birthday. We were in the middle of moving, and getting new jobs, and going on vacation, and it just got lost in the shuffle. Well this year I was not going to let that happen. I even got him his birthday present early. He has been wanting an RSL jersey for a while, and wanting to go to a game for even longer, so we did both! We went to Fanzz and bought him a jersey and I bought tickets to the game against the San Jose Earthquakes on June 1. We drove down to Salt Lake and went to the game. I cannot believe what an amazing stadium RSL has right in Sandy! And the game was even better! RSL scored three goals in the first half and ended up winning 3-0 in a great game! It was a beautiful night, with perfect weather, and I was so glad that Matt and I could have so much fun celebrating his birthday!



On a side note- Matt was starving after the game so we stopped at Del Taco in Saratoga Springs to get some late night food. Matt got in line... and almost AN HOUR LATER we got our food! It was ridiculous! Just two girls were working and it was crazy busy. Matt was sooooo mad! We were wishing there had been an emergency exit or runaway truck ramp or SOMETHING so we could have escaped from that line! Maybe drive-through places make those drive-throughs with no exit to trap you in case you change your mind.... WELL YOU CAN'T!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

So nice hanging out with you in the sun today :)

Send me your email and I'll get you an invite to the crazy Haws blog. tleehaws@gmail.com