Friday, March 29, 2013

Flash Back Friday: Flowmotion

At the end of ninth grade, there was always a dance for the ninth graders going to high school called "promotion." My friends and I wanted to have an "after-party" for the dance. We called it "flowmotion." Don't ask me why. I can't remember. We got all dressed up for the dance, Hawaiian theme, and came back to Erika's house after and went swimming with like a million people. I am so glad Erika's parents did not force her to stop being friends with us after that! It was nuts!

Jenn, me, Erika, Sarah

Cassie was 8 years old

Before the party. I didn't go anywhere without a slurpee in those days.

Amie, Amy, Sarah, Erika

Night swimming

Ew. Ew. Ew. The hottub was that full the whole night!

My friends and I all had a sleepover that night and the next day all the ninth graders went to Lagoon.

me, Amy, Sarah, Katie, Amie, Kasi, Erika

Alan and me on the bus home

This is one of the only pictures I have of our friend Colby. Colby died about a year later in a hiking accident. He is the second person from the left, behind Erika. This was the group of boys that my friends grew up with and we were all very close throughout junior high and high school.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Love all the updates!!! It was so fun to see you in all those pre-Fischer picures!!

mary + spence said...

Oh my! The good ol' days! I can spot myself in that crowded hot tub! haha such a great flash back!