Friday, March 29, 2013

Cassie's Prom!

Holy crap. How is Cassie a senior in high school? How is her senior year almost over, and how is it already time for Senior Prom? Every time I see Cassie I am taken away with how much she has grown up. I hate being so much older than she is because I feel like since I've been in college and married I've missed her growing up!

A couple weeks ago we were in Salt Lake for the weekend and it happened to be Prom at Cassie's school. She didn't get asked, but decided to go stag with a group of friends. I am so proud of her. She did not go to many dances in high school, so I was excited to see her go to this last one. She looked so beautiful. I mean really beautiful. Way prettier than I was when I was in high school. She borrowed my dad's Hummer to drive and had a great time at dinner and at the dance.


She could barely get into the car, it was so lifted. She had to use a step-stool from my mom's kitchen to get in and out. She also had to hitch her dress up practically around her waist so it wouldn't get tangled in the pedals.


When I was looking at Cassie's pictures, I had to find some of my high school dance pictures! I love looking at what a crazy person I was back then and all the random dates I had to dances:

This was from Winter Formal when I was a sophomore. It was girl's choice and I drove my dad's Mercedes to the dance.

This is Alan. He asked me to Monster Mash when I was a sophomore. Our group went as truckers.

This was Dan, he took me to Prom when I was a sophomore. I borrowed this dress from a girl on my softball team.

This is Graydon. He took me to Homecoming my junior year. My mom hated this dress, but I bought it anyway!

This is Ronnie. I asked him to a dance as a sophomore but he couldn't go because he wasn't 16, so he asked me to Monster Mash when we were juniors. Our group went as people stranded on an island.

 This was Winter Formal my junior year. I went with Garrett to this one.

This is Trevor. He took me to Prom when we were juniors. We went and saw Star Wars III for our prom activity the night before the dance.

This is Travis. He was one of my very good friends, and he asked me to Homecoming. I also borrowed this dress from one of the girls on my softball team.

This is Tanner. I asked him to Monster Mash senior year. Each couple in our group went as a "famous couple". We were Santa and Mrs. Clause. Okay. Slutty Mrs. Clause and sexy Santa.

This is Nate. He took me to most of the rest of the dances when we were seniors, some at Skyline and some at Hillcrest. Another dress my mom hated that I bought anyway. I was quite the scandalous one at Hillcrest in this dress, although at Skyline I fit right in!

Thank you to my mom who was a champ at taking pictures before I left for dances. And for helping me get ready every time even though she often didn't like what I was wearing!

No comments: