Sunday, October 18, 2015

What's New in the Fischer House?

Ok the answer to that question is nothing. We are super boring. Matt and I are both very busy with work. Ben goes to Heather during the day, and we play and relax at home in the evenings. However, this doesn't stop me from taking a million pictures of Ben!

Ben has been napping less and less. He is usually awake from the time I pick him up from Heather until he is ready for bed. This means that he is pretty cranky in the evening! I try everything and anything to get him to calm down and stay happy in the evening. I have tried giving him toys or showing him toys but he isn't interested yet. He can't hold onto anything for very long.

I try sitting him up. He likes sitting up, but he likes being held more. (And when you hold him, he likes to be facing outward so he can see what's going on)

We pulled out his bouncer because he loves to stand and be upright, and he really likes it! He doesn't stay in it for too long because he still isn't very sturdy, but he does like it!


The winner most of the time is the binkie/blankie combo. He LOVES these muslin blankets. I always put one in his carseat so he wouldn't get cold in the car (air conditioning in the summer), and now it calms him down! He will grab onto it and pull it close to his face. I sometimes will just put it right on his cheek too. Within minutes, he is calm or asleep! I am so curious to see if this blankie thing lasts!


Ben still loves sucking on his hands. He is all covered in drool, and I sometimes worry that he is going to get his whole fist in his mouth and gag himself!


Ben still sleeps GREAT in his carseat. Most of the time he falls asleep within minutes of getting strapped in.

Speaking of sleeping, Ben is a CHAMP! For about 2 weeks, he is getting up once around 4 AM, or sleeping through the night! We are so lucky! He is so good!

No comments: