Saturday, October 3, 2015

Ben Update

Ben is such a good baby! He is so happy! We laugh because he is so happy until he wants to eat, then he starts screaming! When he is tired he will fuss a little to let us know that it is time for a nap! It was hard when he was sick because he was acting totally different. Babies totally have a personality right from the beginning! About a week after his stomach flu, he had to get his 2 month shots, and he did not react well! He just wanted to be held all the time. His little legs hurt where they did the shots. It was so sad.

I love watching Ben's many different faces and trying to make him smile. He has started to look at the camera and won't smile! When I put the camera away, he will smile again! Little stinker!


Ben is sooooo happy in the morning. I love going in there to get him out of bed because I know there's a big smile waiting!

I still love it when he wants to be snuggled to sleep. He isn't napping in the evening anymore, and is a little more cranky in the evening, so I love it when I can get him to fall asleep for even 20 minutes in my arms.


This kid's hair is growing! I totally expected it to start falling out, or come in blonde by now, but it has stayed dark. I think it looks cute combed over! He has hair like Matt though, so it's totally out of control most of the time!

Ben is a Fischer. He likes being naked. And he is getting so big! I love his cute belly!

Last weekend was Matt's deer hunt. Ben and I hadn't seen Matt much- he worked 32 hours on Monday and Tuesday, and headed up Logan Canyon late Tuesday night. After work on Friday, I packed Ben up and we went up to camp. Ben had just had his shots so he wasn't in the best mood, but we did it anyway. Besides wanting to be held all the time, Ben did so great! He slept until after 3:00 AM both nights, and even ate a lukewarm bottle in the middle of the night. Absolutely no screaming! I was so happy because it proved to me that if we plan well, we can take Ben anywhere and do anything! Camping also gave me an excuse to put on his cute camo overalls!

Matt and I are lucky to have such a good baby. Ben is doing so great with Heather too! It is fun to go pick him up and hear what funny thing happened that day. Heather takes him to the Richmond library for story hour on Thursdays and all my neighbors tell me about seeing Ben! Heather got to hear Ben's first giggle this week! I have heard a couple more since, but she got the first one. Heather's boys love Ben already. When I go pick him up, at least one of them is sitting on the floor next to him, or pushing him in the swing, or holding him and feeding him a bottle. Heather told me that she even used Ben to get one of her boys to do his homework! He didn't do his homework so she wouldn't let him hold Ben, and the next day he took care of his homework quickly so he could hold and feed Ben! Heather also says that Ben will keep himself awake until the boys come home from school so he can see them. I am so glad that Ben has 5 "big brothers" who help take care of him every day, and amazing Heather! We are so lucky that things are going so well so far!

No comments: