Thursday, February 13, 2014

House Updates... Long Overdue

These pictures have been long overdue. We have hit a slow time in building because there is really nothing left for us to do but electrical, and since we are doing it ourselves, we need a lot of help and it has been hard and slow. However, this week we finally were able to get started! Yay! (And I apologize in advance for all the pictures... they may look like they are all the same, but they are really different. I also apologize that all the pictures were taken in the dark. I haven't been to the house in the daytime very often lately, and when I'm there while it's light, we are working and I am usually too tired to take any pictures.)

Master bathroom

Lights in the master bedroom. There will be a fan in the middle. I talked Matt into wiring a light switch next to our bed so we don't have to fight at night about who has to get out of bed and turn off the light. Yay!

Lights down the hall

Second bathroom

Lights in the vaulted ceiling in the living/dining room. There will be a fan in here too.

A couple weekends ago, Matt and I framed the basement! All the lumber had already been delivered and payed for, so we decided to just frame it. We will also insulate and run basic electrical so when we finish the basement it won't be super hard.

This is the view from the landing into the east half of the great room

All the HVAC is done and passed inspection! This vent runs down the great room.

The west part of the great room

The furnace. Water heater will go in here too.

Storage room! I love how much space there is in here, and can't wait for Matt to build shelves for me to use for all our stuff! The organization possibilities leave me breathless. We are planning to sheet rock this room.

South bedroom- this is directly below the master bedroom. It has a huge closet. Definitely the best closet of all the bedrooms (besides the master of course)

Bathroom for the two bedrooms. There is a linen closet in the bathroom. Matt is pretty mad about how the heat was run right through this room. Another thing to do different next time... check the Manual J before you frame!

North bedroom. Most of the window is above ground, so this will be nice and sunny!

Under the stair storage and view of HVAC

Matt and I are very secure now with this fantastic deadbolt in our door to the garage...

Ok, so if someone wanted to get it, they could just go through the wall. I guess the deadbolt is not quite so secure right now... The sheet rock is supposed to go up on this wall soon so we don't have to worry about wire getting stolen out of the house.

Lights in the kitchen. We are going to put in a few more lights over the bar and are considering under-cabinet lighting (as a suggestion from our great, but light-crazy, electrician friend... we'll see). There will be a light over the window too.

This week Matt has finished putting up the frames for all the cans and has started running wire for the lights and outlets. Hopefully by Friday we can have most of the wires run for the lights, and most of the wires run for outlets, so next week we can pull everything into the box! After rough electrical, we will have our four-way inspection (actually more of a two-way inspection since the inspector already passed the framing and HVAC, so we just need the plumbing and electrical looked at). Then we can call the sheet rock guys and the insulation guys and start doing finish work! We have hit a snag, but once we finish rough electrical, things will start moving again! I'm excited that it's already halfway through February but way nervous too that we won't be done by summer!

No comments: