- The first week we are teaching, I am trying to get started on our lesson and I was not prepared for how easily the kids get side-tracked. I am used to 10-year olds, and 4-year olds are very different. One of the kids stood up and said, "I have pockets!" Then all the other kids had to look for their pockets, show us their pockets, and discuss pockets at great length for at least five minutes.
- We have been talking a lot about choosing the right. One of our cute boys is always telling us the elaborate ways that his brothers beat him up at home, and how that is not choosing the right.
- "Have you seen 'Frozen'?" "Have you seen 'Frozen'?" "Have you seen 'Frozen'?" Ask that question fifty more times, and you will feel the same way as we do after six weeks.
- The kids have all learned Matt's name. They love Matt. They have no idea what my name is. I tried to help them remember my name by telling them it's like the word 'story'. So the next week, Matt asks the kids my name, and one of the boys says, "Well, it's not story...."
- Matt and I give the kids treats for being good. Like being able to sit in their chair for five minutes, and walking to the bathroom, and actually going to the bathroom while we're in the bathroom, and being quiet during sharing/singing time. During singing time, one of our little boys walks over to me and says, "I have been singing for three songs! Do I get a treat now?" He is also the same child who will start crying if he wants to participate and doesn't get picked. Actually, we have a couple who do that.
- The bathroom. We have to use the bathroom at a different time than the other classes because our group is a little crazy. The first week, the boys and girls were going in the stall, locking the door, then crawling under the bathroom stall doors to get out, leaving all the stalls locked. Not to mention that they never actually went to the bathroom.
- One week, we were learning about God's plan and the war in Heaven. I had some little printed pictures of people and Jesus and Heavenly Father and one of Lucifer. I was telling the kids that we chose to follow Jesus and not Lucifer. I pointed to the picture of Lucifer and asked, "Who is this guy?" "JUICIFER!"
- We have to play "Follow the Leader" when we walk to the bathroom. Matt is always the leader. He will walk down the hall with his arms folded, and the kids have to also fold their arms. But to keep them interested in our game, Matt has to move his arms around and the kids have to watch to see what he's going to do so they can do it too. We look like the biggest idiots walking down the hall sticking our arms out to the side, then folding them, then sticking them out the other way...
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment