On Saturday, February 15, we celebrated Kailee's first birthday! She was sooo cute and there were so many people there to celebrate her special day (which was actually on February 11). Of course there was lots of food, which the boys wasted no time giving to miss K. She quite enjoyed eating ice cream off of Randy's plate! She also dug right into her birthday cake! She had so much frosting all over her, I'll have to get the pictures from Kendra one of these days.
Birthday girl was so shy around all the people. We finally got her opening presents and she wasn't really interested until she opened up a toy with lights and sounds and then she was mad when they took it away!
One of her presents had this cute crown as part of the bow and she put that crown on and wouldn't take it off! She wore it and just her diaper while eating cake!
Harrison was pretty tired by the time the party was over.
After the party, Matt and I got to go to the Verizon store to update our phones. It is ridiculous how much phones change in just two years, and how much they cost! It is also ridiculous how long you have to wait to get someone to help you at that dumb store, even if you already know exactly what you want. We were there for almost two hours by the time we were done.
Then we got to go out to dinner with Lance and Kendra, Tim and Kamie, and Randy and Jenny. We decided as siblings that we'd rather spend time together than buy each other gifts for Christmas and everyone's been so busy that it took a while to find a night we could go out. We argued for a while about where to go and finally landed on Hires Big H. After Hires, everyone was craving some other treats, so we went and got churros. Yes, very random. I'm not sure where that idea came from. Then some people wanted Italian ice, so we ended up at some ice cream/shaved ice place in Sandy. Again, I'm not sure whose idea this was, but it was random and fun. The boys for some reason had to sit at the kids table. It was pretty funny watching these big guys get into those little chairs and then even funnier as they were all laughing hysterically at each other. If there's anything you should know about the Fischer boys, it's that they all think they are pretty funny, so when all four of them are together there is more laughing and giggling than 12-year-old girls at a slumber party.
Matt would rather be with his brothers than anyone else. It's a good thing I love the Fischer wives so much, otherwise we'd definitely have problems!
Even though our night ended fairly early, we were all home by 9:00, it was soooo much fun. I love getting together with our family and am so lucky to have such great in-laws.
The next morning was Cassie's farewell! I can't believe how fast time has passed! She did soooo great! I was so proud of how hard she worked to write a nice talk and share her testimony of the gospel and share her story of how she decided to go to on a mission. There were so many people there to support her, I couldn't believe it! All of our grandparents, with the exception of my Papa who is in a rehab facility after his shoulder surgery, were able to be there. My Grandma Decker and Aunt Diane both came, along with Grandma and Grandpa Norton, Grandma Fox (Jeff's mom), and Grandma and Grandpa Pullan (Laurie's mom and dad). That is the first time ever that all those people were in the same place! Cassie also had Jeff's sister and her whole family, many of our Norton aunts and uncles and cousins, Matt's mom and dad, a bunch of my parents' friends from our old neighborhood and even from the house in California, tons of Cassie's friends, and of course Alex, my mom and Matt and I were there. It was so fun saying hello to everyone and I think I hugged more people than I have in a long time!
After the farewell, my mom hosted a gorgeous brunch at her house. She had a build-your-own yogurt bar with doughnuts, orange rolls and sugar cookies. Everything was so good and looked so pretty. My camera had a dead battery so I didn't get any pictures. I couldn't believe how many people showed up to support Cassie. I loved talking to people that I haven't seen forever, like Kathy and Brad Collings, my mom and dad's friends from our Old Mill neighborhood, and John and Lori Witkowski, who have been friends with my parents forever. It made me feel so old remembering those times when I was little. I hope I keep in touch with all my friends so someday my friends will be there to support my kids when they are all grown up.
After breakfast, we got to stop by the rehab facility and visit my Papa. He just had his shoulder replaced and he is getting taken care of at the rehab place. I love my Papa so much. He is so cute. My Grandma told me she liked my jeans, and my Papa says, "She could be wearing a plastic bag and she'd still look beautiful." Can you see why I love him so much?
After visiting my Papa, we drove up to Midway for birthday dinner for Matt's Grandpa. Everyone else was already there, and it was fun to see some of Matt's cousins and aunts and uncles. I would love to build a house up there in Midway one day, it is so beautiful. Again, it was fun to see everyone and catch up and visit for a while. Matt's Grandpa and his wife, Ramona, are both so sweet. We love them so much.
Matt and I had a fantastic weekend visiting friends and family. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend down in Salt Lake.
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment