Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Meltdown

Yesterday was my last day of work before school starts! This week we have all been working frantically trying to get everything ready. I had a surprise this week, I found out that I would not have 24 students. I will have 28. I freaked out a little, but got over it, and by Thursday, I felt super ready to go. Back to School night went smoothly, it was fun to see all the kids excited for school to start, although I did have some kids ask me, "When does school start?" HELLO! IF YOU DON'T KNOW, THAT IS A PROBLEM! Anyways, on Friday we had meetings all day preparing us to do a better job this year as teachers. You really have no idea all the stuff we do to make sure your kids are getting the best education they can with us. Well, after our meetings are over, I found out that I was going to have 30 students! And I also found out that my schedule was going to be changing. I think I was at my limit of stress, and finally, this all just pushed me over. I got my new class list, and found out the secretary had been exaggerating, I really was still at 28 kids (I lost two, but got two new kids since Monday). I also figured out my schedule in my mind, but it was just having to change that was so scary. The cute teachers I work with were talking to me about how it wasn't a big deal, but the more they said, the worse I felt, I dont' know what it was. Then one of the guys asked me how I was doing, and I just lost it. Started crying... it was embarassing. I went into my room and just worked on dumb stuff until I calmed down.

I swear I'm ready for school to start! We will see how next week goes!

After I got home from my frustrating day at work, Matt and I went to a park and played some softball together. We threw, hit some grounders at each other, and hit some wiffle balls. Matt also let me pitch to him, which was super fun because it has been a while since I have done that. I am so glad that I have a husband who likes to play sports as much as I do, because it was one of the most fun nights we have had in a while. On our way home, we stopped at Arctic Circle for a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. Yum. Fun night.

1 comment:

Sara said...

good luck! you will be great!