Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cache Valley Rodeo!

Last weekend, Matt and I went up to Richmond to hangout with Jenny, Randy, and the kids, but also for the rodeo! On Thursday, Matt had to have two teeth pulled out, so he was not in great condition, especially considering that he couldn't eat anything except for yogurt and cottage cheese, but he wasn't too grumpy about it. Diet and Myrna, and Lance and Kendra were there on Friday, and Tim and Kamie came up on Saturday, along with Hans. Friday night, we had yummy dinner, sat around the fire pit, and the boys went gallavanting around Richmond on the golf cart, wreaking havoc of course. On Saturday, the boys went golfing while the girls slept in and hung out around the house. We all went to dinner at Chili's and then headed over to the rodeo! The best part of the rodeo, besides the smell, was the Mutton Bustin'! This will probably be known as "Mustin' Bustin" forever because that's what Brad called it. He was so excited to ride his sheep. He actually practiced on Matt before we left the house. When finally it was time for Mutton Bustin', the kids all went over to get ready. The first kid that went totally was trampled by the sheep and was freaking out, then they grabbed Brad and threw him on a sheep! He did not like that, so he let go. I would have done the same thing. The little girl that won wouldn't let go, even when the guy came to get her! It was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen at a rodeo. Way to go Brad! He was so tough.

Brad is hanging on the fence looking at the animals (It is really far away, but Brad has a black helmet on and a yellow shirt)

It's always worth it when you get a trophy!

1 comment:

Tom and Lindsay said...

Looks like a fun time! Kind of makes me miss Logan, then I think of November through March and I'm just fine ;) Matt and Tom take pictures the same way ... I'm not sure why a "normal" smile is so painful!