Every year, I tend to forget to do anything special for Matt's birthday. I always remember to buy him a birthday present- or let him buy something for himself- but we never do anything really special! This year was Matt's 30th birthday, so I had to do something! He had already bought his new irons while we were in St. George, so he decided that he needed to go golfing! I had a baby shower in Salt Lake for Melanie Hightower, so we went to breakfast at Angie's, and then drove down to Salt Lake. Matt went golfing with Jeff while I was at the shower. After golf, we had a BBQ with my mom, Jeff, and Alex, and my mom and Alex made a questionable cake. All she had was a Halloween cake and Halloween frosting (don't worry, it wasn't expired) but it looked questionable when it was done!
While Matt was golfing, a huge storm blew in! They finished right before the torrential rain started to come down. Even though they missed the rain, Matt got hit by his allergies! His eyes were itchy and watering, and his nose was running like crazy! Poor guy!
We met my dad for a drink and birthday present exchange on our way home. My dad thought it was funny to give Matt a Ninja Turtle toy for his birthday and Matt spent the night having the turtle hit me and saying, "It's turtle time!" Thanks for that, dad.
On Sunday, we had cake and ice cream at Randy and Jenny's house. Matt requested a Funfetti cake with vanilla ice cream and toppings. He is such a kid! Tim, Kamie, Diet, Myrna, Todd, Melissa, Colton, Jenna, and Nate and Jenni came over to celebrate Matt getting old! We played a little corn hole and relaxed in the backyard. It was pretty low key, no Viagra shirts like on Randy's 30th birthday, but also just right for Matt.
I can't believe that Matt is already 30. We met the day he came home from his mission, and he was only 21 and I was 18. Matt was 24 when we got married, and I was 21. Time has gone so fast. I am so lucky to have Matt in my life. He is still my best friend. We have been through a lot together and are in such a good place in our lives. Matt is going to be an amazing dad. I am so glad that I'm having a boy that will get to learn from his dad. Matt, I love you so much and hope you had a good birthday!
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment