Monday, November 11, 2013

Finally!!!!

We are finally getting started with our house! Yay! I have been shocked to see how many things you have to do before you can actually start building. And even more shocked that no one gives you any idea of what those things are until you are trying to do things and don't have everything you need! Ah!

For example, we are working on getting our building permits, and the city people said "Just take these over to the county and you'll be good to go!" So that's exactly what I did. I got a call the next day saying that I needed some paperwork from the heating company and I needed an engineer to go over our plans. Are you kidding me? Why didn't anyone tell me that I needed this stuff? So I frantically, on my lunch breaks over a few days, make phone calls and run paperwork to people so I can get everything we need. Then, on the day the county was supposed to be done with our permits, I get everything back to the county. Geez! That is just one example. I'm so glad that I am learning how to do everything so next time I will be prepared!

The good news is that our lot is paid for and we can get started! I finally got a chance to get over to the lot and take some pictures before we started working:

From the street (facing south):
The trees are the border of the Richmond cemetery

From the northeast corn of the lot:

From the northwest corner of the lot:
From the southwest corner of the lot:
I love our view looking down over the valley! There is a huge field behind us that won't be developed for a while (if at all!) so our views are not impeded by anything! It also makes our lot feel a lot bigger than it is!

From the southeast corner of the lot:
Gorgeous views of the mountains!

From the back of the lot (facing north):

There are houses on both sides of us (we are actually the last lot on our street) and the lot is 90 feet wide and 145 feet deep. There is a huge field behind our property (seriously, it's huge), and behind that is the cemetery. We love all the open space, but we still get the benefits of being in a subdivision. Sidewalks, neighbors, etc. I am soooo happy with our lot and can't wait to start building!

No comments: