Over Memorial Day weekend, while many people were camping, boating, and doing other things in the rain (suckers!), Matt and I moved all our belongings to our new apartment in Logan! On Friday night, we loaded up the Uhaul. A BIG thanks to our amazing help: my mom, Jeff, uncle Scott, and Tim. Luckily Scott and Jeff have experience with loading Uhauls because I'm not sure we would have been able to fit everything without their expert packing skills. After two hours of loading, we had dinner, then spent three more hours deep cleaning the apartment.
On Saturday morning, we drove up to the new apartment and started unloading. Tim came up again to help, and Randy, Jenny, and the kids met us there. We were unloaded in less than an hour! My mom and Jeff made it just in time to see us finish. We spent the rest of the day unpacking, and setting up furniture. Matt took me out for a much needed dinner that night.
Sunday was a relaxing day. We did a little unpacking, went to take showers at Randy and Jenny's (our gas isn't turned on yet), and had dinner with them. We got the TV set up so I was able to fall asleep, exhausted, in front of the TV.
Monday was our finish day. We spent the whole morning finishing unpacking and putting up pictures and basically putting all the finishing touches on the apartment. We had a BBQ at Randy and Jenny's, hit some softballs, and then sent the boys out turkey hunting while the girls went to a movie. Claire was hilarious in the movie. Right in the middle, Claire was a little fidgety, she sat up and said, "I have a wedgie!" I was laughing so hard! What a fun night with the girls!
Then we ran back to the house, grabbed our stuff, and headed back to Salt Lake for work. We are staying at Matt's parents' house until school is out. I can't wait to get back to our new house!
I had no idea Matt would be so obsessive about his garage! He arranged and rearranged that thing like four or five different times. And was I allowed to put anything in there? Ha!
The living room... it extends a few feet to the right, where the desk is, and the TV is on the left next to the door coming in from the garage.
The kitchen! It doesn't have as much storage as I'd like, but it sure is nice to have a full size oven! Brad and Claire packed the refrigerator for us and they did awesome! It was hilarious to listen to them talk about all the food we had!
This is the entry-room. It will be mostly decorative as Matt and I aren't the type to sit at the table for dinner, nor do I practice the piano very often...
The spare bedroom is huge! I love it! Along the wall on the right are two more bookshelves, and behind the two bookshelves on the left is a pretty big closet.
The bathroom is fine, but just outside the bathroom is a huge linen closet. I seriously fit a million things in there!
And here is part of the master bedroom. Behind where I was standing to take this picture is the closet, which is pretty long. There is quite a bit of space in here. I loved the master bedroom in our old apartment because it is so big, but I am not disappointed with our new room because there is still quite a bit of space.
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment