2 years ago
Friday, June 25, 2010
Rainbow Cupcakes
Last weekend, Matt and I watched the McKinlay kids so Rod and Amy could go up to Deer Valley for their tenth anniversary! I have been stealing Myrna's Family Fun magazines lately and cutting out stuff I want to use at school, and this was one of those ideas. Not only was it fun, but it took like forever and the kids loved it! All you do is make a white cake mix and then split up the batter and dye it different colors! I didn't think it would turn out well, because those things never look as good as they do in the magazine, but it actually was darling! The kids thought they were the best cupcakes ever! (Even though we didn't add any flavor or anything...) Seriously, great idea for a random thing to do with kids. If I had done it differently, I would have put the batter into ziplocs and dyed it and then cut off the end and squirted each color into the cupcake things. That would have been much easier.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Darling. What a cute idea. I love that they don't need frosting.
We have made these before and they are soooo good!
Post a Comment