My first choice would be "The Red Pyramid," by Rick Riordan. This is from the same author who wrote "The Lightning Thief" series. Same idea. A couple kids, Sadie and Carter, learn about their ancestry with Egyptian gods and goddesses. I thought it would be too similar to the Percy Jackson series, but it's not. You'll love it.

My second favorite pick recently has been "The Girl Who Could Fly" by Victoria Forester. A cute farm girl realizes she can fly and is whisked off to a school for special kids. Tons of twists, you will never guess what is coming next!

My third pick for summer is called "Slathbog's Gold" by M.L. Forman. Feels a lot like some other adventure stories (Fablehaven...) but has creative new ideas that make the story like nothing you've read. This is the first in the "Adventurers Wanted" series.

This probably seems really silly to blog about books, but I read so much that it would be silly NOT to. Here is a quick list of other books I've read recently and liked: (some you may have heard of, others, maybe not)
*"Savvy" by Ingrid Law
*"When You Reach Me" by Rebecca Stead
*"The Mysterious Benedict Society" series (most recent- "Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma")
*"The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks
*"Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison" (Of course!)
Keep your eyes open for more... I have a stack of books waiting for me...
1 comment:
Thanks for the suggestions! I really want to read the Red Pyramid now! But I have to finish his first series! Think I can finish 3 more book before next week when Eli will be here? I guess we will see.
Post a Comment