Being from a family of all girls has opened up many new opportunities as I married into a family of all boys. On Tuesday, Matt took the day off work and we went ice fishing with his parents. Now, I would never have done this had I not just bought Matt an ice fishing tent (so it wouldn't be as freezing) and known there would be heaters inside the tent. Being warm is just more important than catching fish. So we went up and set up our tent, and for four hours, we caught fish. It was pretty fun. Yes it was still a little cold, I still had on all my snow gear inside the tent with both heaters running, but we were comfortable. I was a little nervous about standing on the ice, and drilling hole in it, but we were safe. I was surprised at how many fish we caught. It was also super fun to watch the fish swim around under the water on Matt's underwater camera. You could see them swim right past your bait, or be ready when they started nibbling. All in all, it was a fun experience, one of the many new things I have done in the past six months that I have enjoyed.
Mr. Jigger and our hole (I don't know why this is sideways...sorry)

Diet and Myrna showing off one of their fish

Matt and I outside the tent (of course it was snowing outside when we were ready to go!)

Matt knew if he really put his lips on that fish that he would be waiting a long time to kiss me again
1 comment:
I like to ice fish. Randy and I will have to come down an go with you guys soon.
Post a Comment