Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend

This weekend has been such a blur! What ever happened to life slowing down on the weekends so you can actually enjoy it? Well, Matt left me for "the hunt" on Friday and I went off to babysit the twins while their daddy ran the St. George marathon. I attempted to watch conference, but the twins weren't having any of that, so we gave up and ran errands on Saturday and went out to visit my mom on Sunday. It was so different to have just the twins, rather than all five kids, and I must say it was pretty nice. After bedtime every night, I settled in for a couple hours of Thank-You-note-writing. Thankfully, I finished those this weekend (except for a few, I ran out of cards- I bought 100 cards.... So many great people)! Matt helped with about four of them last week and that was it for his help. That is one thing I am very grateful to be finished with.



One other thing I am grateful to be nearly finished with is my student teaching block in second grade! Now, it has been a very good learning experience for me, although I am BURNED OUT and come home stressed out just about every single day. Poor Matt has dealt with my mood swings for too long! SEVEN MORE DAYS OF SECOND GRADE!!!!! Then I get a few days off (well to work on my portfolio) and then I start fifth grade on October 19. I cannot wait!!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Those twins are so cute. I missed a ton of conference too. The second I want to watch, read, or talk on the phone my kids are right in my face.

Steven and Kari said...

Life gets os crazy sometimes! I hope the next five days goes by quickley!