Friday, March 20, 2015

The Fischer Curse

When Lance and Kendra had Kailee, that sealed the deal. Matt and I knew that we would be the ones to carry on the Fischer curse. Matt has all brothers. His dad has all brothers. His grandpa has all brothers, and so on for like five generations. Only one son carries the curse, and we were so sure it would be us! When we got pregnant, we told everyone we knew it would be a boy. During the course of all of our ultrasounds, the seed of doubt was planted. When we went into our gender appointment, we really were not sure either way.

Then the tech said, "That's a penis!", everything was confirmed! We are officially having a boy! The tech was excited because we were the only boy of the day. She kept asking us how we were going to tell our families, and if we were doing a gender party, and we just had no idea! On our way home, Matt wanted to stop by the bookstore at USU and I saw this tiny little Aggie hat and had to buy it. I found Matt's hat and sent everyone a text that said, "Baby boy is going to be just like his daddy!" with this picture:

The ultrasounds pictures weren't great, especially the 3D pictures. Here are the few that were okay:

Baby boy had his legs tight together but we were able to get a quick peek at his penis.

A decent profile picture

The day I went in for my gender appointment, I had my kids at school guess what the gender would be. As you can see, most of the kids thought it would be a girl! The next day, I brought in doughnuts with blue icing to share the news!

I've had the kids giving me baby name ideas, and here are a few...

Matt and I are so happy to be having a little boy. Matt said that he was a little scared that the tech was going to say it was a girl! We are so excited!

No comments: