Sunday, August 10, 2014

Going Out With a Bang!

I can't believe that summer is already almost over! This has been the fastest summer I have ever had as a teacher. We spent all of June getting the house ready and all of July with Matt's ankle surgery/recovery and now that things have calmed down, summer is over! Ah! I even had to send Matt down to Salt Lake with his mom and dad for a few days so I could actually get some work done! They were great babysitters- they took him fishing at Strawberry for a couple days and he didn't miss me one bit.

Before I get back to work, we wanted to spend some time with friends and family. One night, Jenny and Kamie called me for a girl's night! We went to see "Maleficent" and got yummy dessert at Kneaders.

Matt and I went down to Salt Lake for Erika's wedding (no pictures unfortunately) and got to spend time visiting! On Saturday, we met up with my dad and Laurie and went to lunch and then saw Ninja Turtles 3D! Matt (my adult child) LOVED it! I didn't watch the cartoons as a child, so I don't know a lot about the turtles, but Matt was an avid TMNT watcher and just loved the movie. The funniest part was that they gave us "3D glasses accessories" that were turtle masks! Dad is Donatello, Laurie is Leonardo, I am Michelangeno and Matt is Raphael.

On Saturday night, we met up with some friends from our ward in Cottonwood Heights for dinner. Dustin and Emily Wallis are our friends who are Utah football fans so we have a bit of a friendly rivalry going on!

On Sunday, Cassie, my mom and I all went to see WICKED! My mom and I went a couple years ago and it was so much fun! I love seeing plays, and this one is amazing! Cassie had never seen it and thought it was great. After the show, we picked up Matt and went to grab some food at Red Robin!

I wish we had time to visit all our friends and family when we are in Salt Lake! We are lucky to have so many people that we still keep in touch with. I wish I could convince everyone to move up to Cache valley with us! What a great way to spend my last weekend before starting to go back to work.

No comments: