Thursday, August 21, 2014

5 Year Anniversary

On Friday, August 15, Matt and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Matt said that he couldn't believe that I put up with him for five years. I can't believe that he has survived living with such an OCD woman for five years. On our anniversary, we had to go to Matt's physical therapy in the morning and then we went out to lunch at Costa Vida. Then we went to the Logan temple to do an endowment session. It was so special being in the temple on our anniversary, and even more fun seeing all the newly married couples taking pictures with all their friends and family outside the temple. I remember when that was us. Sometimes it feels like it was yesterday, but other days it feels like we've been together forever.


We definitely are older, and fatter, but happier than we've ever been before.





That night, we went to test drive a new car. Since Matt's Nissan has pretty much died, we've been looking for a new one. We played with the idea of getting a beater for Matt to drive to work, but then we decided to upgrade my Ford and let Matt drive the Ford to work. And a few days later, we bought the car as our anniversary presents to ourselves! Pictures to come!

In the past five years:
  • I finished my bachelor's degree in Elementary Education
  • I have had three different teaching jobs with five classes of kids
  • Matt has been a student at SLCC 
  • Matt has had two jobs
  • Matt and I have lived in five (yes, five) different places (Millcreek, Cottonwood Heights, Logan, Randy's basement, and our house in Richmond)
  •  Matt and I BUILT A HOUSE
  • I had brain surgery and Matt had ankle surgery
  • We have had five nieces and nephews born (7 now total)
I can't wait to see what happens to us in the next five years!

No comments: