Sunday, August 18, 2013

Slowly... Slowly

Matt and I are getting close to start building our house! We are under contract on a lot we like in Richmond and have our house plans finished. We are now in the process of getting our plans approved and getting bids for all the materials and labor for building. I look forward to documenting our progress as things start happening!

We have decided that we are going to save some money while we build, and are going to move in with Randy and Jenny and the kids for a few months. While I was at work, I saw a bunch of boxes and had to grab them to start packing up books. I have to use smaller boxes to keep them light (mostly so people will actually help me carry them!) and couldn't pass them up. So even though we aren't super close to getting ready to move, I decided to pack up all my books. It was pretty sad. I am still in mourning. I think I am going to put them in my classroom rather than in storage so I can be closer to them. SIXTEEN BOXES FULL OF BOOKS. It's like heaven.


Sad, sad, sad. Bookshelves should never be empty.

I had to document our funny division of space in our spare bedroom. This is Matt's side of the room. This is where he keeps his work clothes, gun safe, hunting clothes and gear, and of course, Spike.

My side of the room. My craft board, bookshelves, and project table.

The rest of my side of the room. Includes my craft supplies (the entire left bookshelf is all my crafting stuff), and other books in the right bookshelf (textbooks, church books, MS books).

I am a little sad to start packing everything up, because I have LOVED this apartment, but I am way excited for a few months of some crazy times before we get to move into our very own house!

No comments: