Sunday, August 18, 2013

4 Years

On Thursday, August 15, Matt and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. We don't go crazy for our anniversary, we tend to buy ourselves gifts throughout the year, so we just usually go out to dinner or something. This year, Matt had to work, so I took him a drink and some treats around lunchtime and we went to Olive Garden before going to Matt's softball games that night.

The funny part about this day is that Matt and I share our anniversary with some of our closest friends. On August 15, 2008, one year before Matt and I got married, I went to the wedding of my college roommate Jeana and her husband Marc. They got married in the Manti temple and I went with some of my other roommates to their reception that evening in Nephi.

From left: Lindsay, me, Amanda, Marc, Jeana, Natalie W., Jenni

One year later, these same people were there on my special day too. Jeana and Marc drove up from Nephi for our temple sealing and basically spent the evening of their first anniversary at our wedding and reception!

From left: Marc, Jeana, Jenni, me, Lindsay, Tom (Lindsay and Tom got married in May of 2009)

So every year, Jeana texts me in the morning a "Happy Anniversary!" text, which I happily return to her. I guess I'll never forget my anniversary with Jeana reminding me every year!

So happy anniversary to my best friend, my other half, the best thing that has ever happened to me... yep I'm talking about you, Matt. I love you and look forward to all the years we have in our future.






XOXO

No comments: