Of course it started off with park day on Tuesday... We went to the park in Trenton where Jenny got eaten by mosquitoes and the kids got covered in mud playing on this:
When I was a kid, I would never have gotten on that thing! Later that night, I got to babysit the kids while Randy went to Young Men's and Jenny was at work.
On Wednesday, Jenny and I took the kids to Salt Lake to go to the Natural History Museum. This plan did not come into existence until about midnight on Tuesday night and we left at 8:00 the next morning! I love having no plans ever! Jenny had just gotten off work so I was the chauffeur for the day.
If you haven't been here, seriously you need to go! It is the coolest place ever. We took our fourth graders on a field trip here and I could have stayed all day. As part of the fossil/dinosaur exhibit, there are some glass floors with fossils below and Harrison was terrified to walk on the glass! At first he would try to stay on the beams between the glass panels but then he just started screaming every time we tried to get him across!
There are so many hands-on activities throughout the museum. The kids would hurry from one to the next without even looking at any of the displays, which Jenny and I couldn't get enough of! They may need to make the display tables a little shorter so little people can see! Harrison wanted to touch everything just as much as Brad and Claire.
Even the little kids have to try everything out!
Cool weather observation platform on the roof. I think everything in the museum ties into 4th grade science and social studies in some way.
After a couple hours at the museum, we went to Shivers for lunch. The kids had a blast eating on the train. Even Harrison, who had a fever and wasn't feeling good, wanted to be on the train.
Ice cream always helps when you are sick. I love how his whole tongue came out when he was licking his cone!
After lunch, Jenny and I dragged the kids to a bunch of D.I.s looking for Harry Potter books for my classroom. I still need over 20 copies of the first book so if you find one (or more) for cheap, call me! We took Harrison to see the doctor and even stopped for slurpees and chocolate doughnuts. Can't come to Salt Lake without getting a real doughnut!
That night, I went out to dinner and ice cream with my dad and Laurie. Cassie met up with us and we spent the rest of the night getting a blog started for her so she can document all her adventures at Dixie State! She is leaving this week, so it was especially fun to spend time with her.
On Thursday, my dad and Laurie and I went to a couple more D.I.s looking for books. In two days, and five D.I. stores, I found one book. Lame! Then I went to lunch with my friend Rachel, who I used to teach with. I sure miss my friends from my first school. We had a great teaching team and I miss the way we used to do things! She and her husband have recently bought a home in Lehi and it was fun to see her new house.
That night, I went over to my grandma and papa's house with my mom. I got to catch up with them before everyone came over for the weekend. My papa has been very sick, so it was good to see him on a good day. He kept writing down notes from our conversation so he could remember things later. Around midnight, my aunt Sue and uncle Jon drove in from California with all their girls! My cousin Sam has a 9 month old daughter, who my grandparents have not ever seen (Sam lives in Alaska with her husband who is in the Air Force), and it was soooo cute to see my papa hold that baby, even though it was the middle of the night and he was exhausted. There wasn't room at my mom's house, so I stayed with my grandma and papa for the rest of the weekend.
On Friday, everyone came over to my grandma and papa's to hangout. Jon and papa watched baseball while the girls played cards in the basement. My mom, Sue, grandma and I sat outside in the shade with the baby, Hayden. I was just a baby when my parents moved in with my grandparents and Sue was still in high school, so we have a special bond, and it was fun to catch up and remember stories.
That night, we had a BBQ and then went back to my mom's for some corn hole and a fire pit. Sam, her husband Jason, and Courtney went to visit a friend, so when we took this picture, it was just Sydney, Valereigh, Hayden, my mom, and Sue and I. Can you believe how much my mom and Sue look alike! They are 10 years apart in age!
On Saturday, we set up a salon in my mom's kitchen and Sue dyed my hair and my mom dyed Cassie's hair, with Sue's guidance! I am super blonde now (way lighter than I have ever been in my whole life!) and even Matt said he'll have to get used to it! Haha! And by the way, this is my first ever "selfie"
Later that day my aunt Janet came over with her two youngest and they all went to the pool. After swimming, my uncle Scott and his wife Mandy came over with their kids, and everyone had dinner and caught up. Sue and Jon haven't been in Utah for a long time, so it was great to be together.
I stole this pic from Cassie's blog (see? It was good that I helped her start this up!). It shows Cassie and our two cousins who are close to her in age, Derek (Scott's son), and Courney (Sue's daughter). When they were all together having dinner, Cassie took a picture of all three of them all grown up!
I had to leave to get to a bridal shower for my good friend Laurel. She lived in my neighborhood when we were teenagers and went to Skyline, so we became very close. It was fun to celebrate her getting married and meet some of her new friends. I was going through my old pictures of Laurel and found a lot. She was a big part of my life and I definitely will blog some of our high school days adventures!
Laurel on my 18th birthday... I have a lot of pictures of her doing these faces!
At Kenny Chesney concert the summer of 2007
Winter 2007: Laurel was a student at the University of Utah while I went to Utah State
On our last day of school at Skyline... there is a tradition that you are not supposed to walk on this mosaic on the floor, so for three years we all walked around it. On our last day we took some pictures of us walking (and jumping) across...
I drove home late Saturday night. Matt and I have been having some vehicle problems, which I'll document later, so I needed to be home to go camping early Sunday morning. But after a whole week of not seeing Matt, I was glad for some one-on-one time together Saturday night.
On Sunday, Matt and I drove up Logan Canyon to go camping with the rest of the Fischer family. I did not bring my camera, so I took a few phone pics. I'll have to combine those I took with the ones that everyone else got on their phones, because no one had a camera! That is so unlike us! I brought Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast and we were in charge of scones for lunch. We spent the day relaxing! The boys went and shot Randy's new gun, while the girls watched the kids play. We took naps, read, Brad practiced shooting his BB gun, Claire, Harrison and Reagan played in the dirt, and we all just talked and relaxed!
Harrison and Claire snuggling with Matt... I think Claire was in everyone's lap during the course of the day- she is a snuggler!
Brad invented a game- throw sticks and uncle Matt and uncle Tim. Well Matt and Tim are really children at heart and thought it was a great game! So Matt and Tim threw sticks at Brad, and Brad threw sticks at them for probably almost 30 minutes, until a stick hit Brad in the head and he started to cry. Typical boys. It's always fun until someone gets hurt.
Harrison was so proud of himself for climbing up on the stump!
Claire and Jack. Of course the dogs come camping, so we had Jack and Rudy running through camp all day, kicking up the dust. Matt came home with dirt COVERING his shorts because he was playing with the dogs who were covered in dirt.
Harrison enjoying his s'more. He ate the marshmallow and chocolate out of the inside and then handed me, with very sticky fingers, the graham crackers. We caught him licking marshmallow off his fingers AFTER playing in the dirt for a while!
Reagan also enjoying her s'more. She had pieces of graham cracker stuck to her hands when she was done!
Matt and Diet shooting with Brad. Again, typical boys. Every time Matt could get his hands on Brad's gun (and while Brad wasn't looking) he had to try to shoot a bird. In fact, it wasn't just Matt trying to shoot birds! Tim and Randy tried too!
Harrison was resisting going to bed and getting cleaned up!
Little Kailee is sure getting big too! She was so funny! Lance would throw her up in the air, and she would be stiff as a board!
Matt and I left after dinner, but it was very fun to spend even just a day with the Fischers. And I must admit, I am quite exhausted after such a crazy, but fun, week and look forward to some quiet time!













No comments:
Post a Comment