So last week, Matt and I took a little trip in honor of Matt's 24th birthday (June 6th) and went to California for the day, thanks to my mom and Jeff Fox who have sweet deals flying. We rented a car, a puke-gold colored "KiaRio", and drove down the coast to Laguna Beach. It was typical California smog in the morning so we didn't even go in the ocean, although we walked along the beach and even laid down and took a little nap on the sand. Then we walked through Laguna and checked out the shops and had an amazing lunch at this little restaurant in town. Then we got back in the KiaRio and drove to Anaheim to walk by Disneyland and do some shopping in Downtown Disney. Then we headed back to the airport and came home. It was such a fun day and definitely inspired more trips like that for the future!
Some cute old ladies took this for us at the beach

In our KiaRio, the brakes were really sensitive, so basically every time we stopped I almost flew through the windshield... not to mention the time when Matt forgot we were driving an automatic and thought the brake was the clutch. We also had the most uninformative map on earth, it was a miracle we got where we needed to go, good thing I have some amazing navigational skills.

The beach again, we are still in our sweatshirts, it was that cold
2 comments:
You are so thoughtful.I am sure Matt loved it. Remember me when my birthday comes around next year. I could use a day shopping in Cali.
What a wonderful present!I am glad that you guys had such a wonderful time.
Post a Comment