On August 15, Matt and I celebrated our sixth anniversary! Crazy to think that we have been married for six years. Looking back, we have had a lot happen in our lives over these six years, and I'm glad that Matt was by my side for everything. Together, we've gone through five different jobs, lived in four cities, had four major hospital visits, spent a year building our home and have now lived in our home for a year, and had our first baby. I'm really lucky that I tricked this guy into marrying me!
For our anniversary celebration this year, we talked Jenny into watching Ben so we could golf 18 holes at the Preston golf course. Then we joined her and the kids for a BBQ and some fresh corn out of the garden. We went shopping and had dinner at Olive Garden. After dinner, we watched the RSL game. It was such a great day!
This year we both have been looking at some big ticket items and we used our anniversary and Ben's birth to justify buying them! I have wanted a little diamond band to go with my set for a while. I thought it would be fun to get a new one with each new baby. It was just a fantasy until Matt won some gift certificates at Needham Jewelers in a golf tournament, and we ended up getting my "Ben Band" for like half price! I love it!
Matt has been saving up his money for some new fancy binoculars and found some while we were shopping on our anniversary for a great deal. He didn't have enough saved up, so we're calling them his "Ben-oculars" and making them an anniversary/birth present!
We had an amazing anniversary and I look forward to many, many more and all the adventures that we'll have over the years! I love you Matt!
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment