Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Month of December

I have been very bad at taking pictures lately, so this post will be mostly text, so if you are bored, I understand! We have been sooooo busy this month. We really haven't had two minutes to relax!

  • We went to my work Christmas party, which was dinner at Sizzler. Yes, you are all jealous. After dinner, Kenzy and Devin went with Matt and I to get ice cream at Charlie's.
  • I just got called to be an Achievement Days leader with the 9-year-olds in our ward. I got to host the girls at our house. We played a get-to-know-you game, then read a Christmas story and had some treats, then put together little M&M bags about the true meaning of Christmas. It was a really fun night, and was so fun to plan! I'm really looking forward to this calling!
  • All the Fischer siblings actually found a night that we weren't all busy so we could all go out together for our annual Christmas date night! We ate dinner at Ruby River in Ogden. The food was good, but no one got what they ordered originally because there were a couple parties going on and they ate all the food! After dinner, we all went to get ice cream at Farr's. I love that place! It was so good. What a fun night! I love this tradition!
  • We got to go to Salt Lake for my mom's birthday. Every year, we go get a Christmas tree and dinner, then go home and decorate the tree. This year, Matt and I got stuck in traffic and missed picking out the tree, but met for dinner at Costa Vida. We went back to my mom's house to set up the tree. I am always in charge of putting lights on the tree and this year I ran out of lights! My mom decided she didn't feel like decorating, so we just went to bed. She took the lights off the next day and did all the decorating by herself. Matt and I had to go home because Matt was going duck hunting. We didn't spend much time in Salt Lake, but this is another of my favorite traditions!
  • The next weekend, we went down to Salt Lake again. On Friday night we met up with Alex to see her new apartment and then drove up to Park City for the Hightower/Norton Christmas party. Before the party, we walked around and shopped in Park City, then stopped for dinner at a pizza place. It was so much fun! After dinner we tried to find the condo where we were having the party, but we had some terrible directions and couldn't find it. When we finally found the condo, it was after 9:00 and my dad and Laurie still weren't there. When they got there, Laurie had to put together some food because a lot of people hadn't eaten yet. Around 10:00, we started playing a present game with some very funny presents! Matt and I left after the game was over around 11:00, and got to my mom's house at 12:30. It was a late night! The next day, we went and saw Big Hero 6 and stopped by Cabelas, which was a mad house! Never go there on a Saturday in December! Then we met up with my dad and Laurie for dinner at Training Table and then went over to see the Forgotten Carols! As always, it was a great show and a fun night! We went home the next morning.
  • Kenzy and Devin were able to find out the gender of their baby! They had a gender reveal party with their families, and it was fun to go! They are having a boy! We are so excited for them! We also found out that Molly and Andrew are having a baby girl! So excited!
  • I did find some time to put up my Christmas decorations!
Growing up, we had a huge basket of Christmas books that we got out and read every year. My mom is slowly building her collection again, and so am I! I love finding cute new books to add! The kids always love to read them when they come over.

This picture was taken near the end of the tree's life, but it was a great tree! So fun to get a big tree and still be able to put my star on top! Thank you vaulted ceiling!

My Santa picture that Matt hates.

I made Matt put outlets everywhere because I knew I wanted to put lighted garland everywhere at Christmas time!


We always get a ton of Christmas treats from friends, neighbors and students! I love putting out my decorations so I can display all of our treats!

When we got married, I bought two stockings. Then I realized how stupid that was because I was never going to find matching stockings! Last year, when we were living with Randy and Jenny, I found four matching stockings! I wanted to get stockings that were all different, but also went together, so I was so happy to find these! I figured I'd buy enough to last us if we end up having four kids. For now, they are just decorations that I love!

And all that was in the weeks leading up to Christmas! Such a fun month, but so busy!

No comments: