A couple weeks ago Jenny and I were texting and then she sent me this picture of Harrison, saying that when he saw my picture on her phone, he told her that I needed to see him! Love that kid!
Matt and I were out to dinner one night and my mom sent me a random picture of Jeff with some random person in the background. I didn't really understand what the picture was so Matt and I recreated the picture to send back to her. Totally random.
Matt was really sad that he didn't get a chance to hunt with all his brothers and dad this year. He was the only one who bought a deer tag up in Cache Valley, so he was hunting alone. He set up the tent, and borrowed Tim's truck and Randy's four-wheeler and scouted for a couple days. He ended up shooting his deer on the first day of the deer hunt. He was more interested in shooting a deer from the road (he was still recovering from his surgery) than in shooting a big deer, so he was happy. He took all the meat out to some guy in Idaho and had him make jerky.
Randy decided that he needed to buy a duck boat on behalf of all his brothers. Matt got a call saying that he owed Randy money for this boat. The boat didn't even have a motor! Matt of course had to run over to check out the boat. He and Harrison were making sure everything was comfortable. Randy ended up selling the boat. Apparently, it wasn't the one he wanted!
Matt is the best husband ever. I told him that I wanted a crown moulding shelf for my picture wall and he created this amazing shelf! It took me longer to paint it than it took him to build it, but I think it turned out pretty amazing!
One afternoon, I came into my classroom and found this on my desk. My principal is the best! He could tell that I had been working a lot and gave me this gift. Matt and I enjoyed paying $12 for dinner at Texas Roadhouse that night!
The beginning of the month is always a little tight with money, especially since Matt didn't work for three months. On the first Monday in December, I got my mail, and this was inside. It is a prepaid VISA debit card loaded with $200 from Comcast. I didn't know if it really was money, or if it was some scam that if you used it you would be signed up for something. I called Matt and he said, "There's no such thing as free money." So I called Comcast to find out what it was. Turns out, we qualified for a promotion when we signed up for our Comcast service and it was real! Thank heavens! I was so excited to buy groceries!
Another random act of kindness... I found this card on my desk one afternoon. It is from one of my student's grandmothers saying thank you for teaching her granddaughter. The note was so nice, and the cash was a bonus. What a nice thing to do for a teacher! I loved the appreciation as much as the money!
Best Christmas gift ever from a student! This little girl's mom works at the Sinclair by my school. I stop in there a lot to get drinks, so she gave me this refill card for 10 prepaid refills and the delicious cookie! Seriously, such a thoughtful gift!











No comments:
Post a Comment