Every year, pumpkin carving is a huge deal for the Fischers. I don't really know how it started, but one of Matt's favorite things about Halloween is carving pumpkins. This year, Jenny and Randy were a little partied out, so I offered to host pumpkin carving in our garage. We set up tables and pulled out some tarps and we were good to go.
Melissa was babysitting until Randy got off work, so she had Wyatt, Brad, Claire, and Harrison. Jenni brought over her kids until Nate got off work, so it was just the girls with all the kids for a while!
Harrison didn't want to pull the guts out of his pumpkin, so I had to do it for him. I actually did just about everything for him. He helped poke holes, until he got bored. While I was carving his pumpkin, he really wanted a nose for his jack-o-lantern, but as you can see, there isn't one on the pattern, so I had to freestyle the nose while he was shouting, "Make a nose Tori!"
Wyatt did awesome!
Brad did his pumpkin on his own this year! He picked a pretty hard pattern and only needed help with a couple parts!
By the time Randy came, Claire was ready for some help. She did all the poking, and Randy helped with the carving.
Lindsay and Harrison did the same pattern. I think hers turned out better than the one I did for Harrison!
Carter and Brad did the same pattern. Carter kept trying to do the flying duck pattern, but Jenni didn't want to do all the carving on that one, so she had him pick a different one.
After the kids were done, uncle Matt was just getting started. He spent another hour after everyone went home carving his two pumpkins. He got online and chose his patterns carefully. He printed off an Olaf pattern for me to do, which was great because it was super easy.
The "super turtle" and minion! Harrison wouldn't call it a ninja turtle! He kept calling it a super turtle!
On Halloween, Randy and Jenny had already left on their cruise, so again, I offered to host Halloween festivities at our house. Diet and Myrna brought the kids over, and so did Nate and Jenni. Kamie had to work, so Tim brought the girls over. We had chili and scones for dinner before sending the kids out for some trick-or-treating! I stayed home to pass out candy, and was shocked at how many kids we had stop at our house! I almost ran out of candy! Matt said it was way crazy walking around with so many people out. Looks like our street is the place for all the trick-or-treating! We took the kids back to their neighborhood for a few houses, and then watched Godzilla at Nate and Jenni's house after putting the kids to bed. It was a great Halloween!
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment